View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

JBuckl,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. You have found a good place with good people.

It sounds to me by your attention to detail that you are a high stress type of person. This is detrimental to recovery. If you were playing football with helmet and pads, your concussions and sub-concussive impacts would be more generalized that directed to the left frontal lobe. These generalized impacts often result in a diffuse axonal injury. There is often a concomitant injury to the neck or spine.

It sounds like you have a severe case of sensitivity to all of the sensory systems. This is usually due to an injury to the part of the brain that gates or directs the flow of sensory information or blocks it entirely. This is a common PCS symptom. The only treatment is to reduce sensory stimulation so the brain can rest and try to heal. Reducing anxiety is also important. Read the sticky at the top about Vitamins and supplements. Your brain needs stress support and the vitamin regimen is focused on helping the brain tolerate stress.

You sensitivity to head motion could be just the brain movement or it can also be related to upper neck issues. The vertical pounding from walking and running can irritate the upper neck and cause inflammation that effects the brain.

You need to get plenty of quiet rest. School should be minimized, especially any extra activities or intense projects or tests.

Knowing more about your age, location, and school objectives could enable us to better understand your situation to help you.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote