View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 04:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by husky601 View Post
I got an email back from Dr James Stoxen but i am not able to find any review or any comments about him anywhere. Dr Stoxen been asked to work for over 130 of the tours of today’s top top celebrity entertainers. The problem is i am not able to find any review from other than celebrity. Even then there is not much review. If you take a look on his web site he is the man. The email i got make lots of sense and looks like he really know what he is talking about but he sounds a bit too much like the miracle Dr but ... He is selling a strong vibrational massage unit I really dont like when he is saying that you can buy this same incredibly strong vibrational massage unit from me and do the treatment yourself`` Sounds like a real use car seller but hopefully i am wrong. If anyone has any info about him please post it here. Here is the email i got from him.Thank you!!
You can find @drewanderson's perspective on Stoxen in this thread, starting with message #4:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread182773.html

Unlike the other comments about Stoxen on this board, including my own, Drew's comments are unique in that he has actually seen Stoxen.

Now for my own comments because we all like to talk about this guy:

I'm not as down on Stoxen as the other people here who have also not seen him.

First of all, he gets a lot of things right. Like the importance of the scalenes, including how they pull the first rib up and how important it is to get rid of spasms in them. He talks about strengthening certain muscles for the purpose of elevating the shoulder girdle, but only after muscle spasms are cleared out. He also says it takes a lot of hours of therapy to clear out muscle spasms.

I find there is more to like than dislike in what he says. You can see comments I made earlier this year at http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/post980274-22.html

Regarding Coop42's comments about all the years it takes, with all due respect, Coop has a lot more going on that just TOS. He talks about not being able to squat, having to dig into his thighs to increase mobility, having a valve replaced, being immobile for years, etc. Coop's doing a lot of great stuff, but I don't think he's a model for classic TOS at this point.

I've made a lot of progress the past few years and feel like I'm mostly down to my scalenes and SCM as being major problems. (I used to have other things like poor posture, pec minor issues, drooped shoulder and collar bone, compressed spine, etc.). I also have the supraclavicular edema he references. So I feel like I would be a good candidate to try him out. If I was local to Chicago, I would have done so already.

One thing that did bother me and has put me off on seeing him is "reverting". What happens if he fixes me up, I go back home (long distance) and then revert? eg, my scalenes go hypertonic again. But you're saying he is now selling the vibrating massage unit to patients so they can self treat. That sounds awesome!

What's left then from my perspective:
-- Travel
-- Chicago winters suck
-- Can I handle multiple hours of treatment per day?

I think I'll wait til spring. Until then, I have some more things to try on my own to keep me busy.
chroma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote