View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 04:36 AM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Frown Wisdom Toot Removal - Severe Pain after 6 weeks

Hi, (Hope Bryanna sees my post, I have read your helpful replies)
I would really appreciate some help please, i am in agony. I removed a lower right impacted wisdom tooth 6 weeks ago, I still have a final wisdom tooth left in my mouth just behind where this one was taken out.
I am in severe pain in the area tooth was removed. The pain feels like a nerve exposed in a tooth, as the day goes by the pain level goes from severe, v severe to excruciating. I have been back to surgeon twice, he doesnt think pain is from tooth in front, he did an x ray. I was giving second course of antibiotics in case I might have a secondary infection. I have these completed and I have no relief got.
The pain radiates from under the top part of my gum where wisdom tooth removed and also side of gum near where it was removed. One of dentists that I met in last visit put some clove segment right on where I have the piercing pain, it soothed the pain a small bit. Later i noticed my bottom lip got redish more than usual, almost burning feel to it. The clove segment has since dissolved.

I am really stressed as I am still in severe pain. Pain killers don't even numb the pain. The surgeon says to give it time, and has mentioned maybe pain might be coming from the wisdom tooth that is in the back.

I don't know what to do next. It's so upsetting. I cry everyday with the pain.
Anyone any idea what could be causing my pain. Thanks in advance. Brid.
Brid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote