View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 09:35 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi sara ali,

Your dentist should have offered you every replacement option before he went ahead and did the bridge. He should also have offered you explanations on the benefits of each option.

Since you have already had the two teeth cut down and the bridge placed, it would not make sense to remove it at this time. Both of those teeth would need to have crowns on them and the bridge might not be able to be cut off in a way that the current crowns would be stable enough to remain on those teeth.

Secondly, mini implants are great in certain circumstances. However, they are not adequate when replacing molar teeth. You need a larger implant to replace a molar so it can act as a long root just like the molar tooth would have naturally.

Thirdly, because that molar had been root canaled 25 years ago...... the bone in that area is compromised from the long term chronic infection from that tooth. Placing a dental implant in that bone would be risky to say the least.

Try not to beat yourself up over this. Just do your best the keep the area where the bridge is very clean. Use floss threaders every day and be thorough with your tooth brushing.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah ali View Post
Dear Bryanna, i have lost my first lower molar extracted about 2 months ago. its was a 25 year old root cannaled tooth which got infection. after that, dentist prepared a 3 unit bridge for me. I am now feeling very stupid that i filed my two healthy tooth to replace one missing tooth, get very scared when think that what if my abutment teeth get any cavity or needed root canal. to save my abutment teeth, i was thinking to remove the bridge and go for partial denture. what you say about that? please, i need your reply. I am 35 year old, healthy woman.

Also, what if i go for a mini dental implant securing a one tooth denture for my lower first molar, I like the concept of mini since it is less invasive.

Last edited by Bryanna; 12-13-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (12-14-2013)