Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Wisdom tooth pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Brid,

I am a bit confused. Did you have the actual "wisdom tooth" removed or is it still present? Where is the "other wisdom tooth" you are referring to?

It sounds like you need to be seen again by the oral surgeon. You should not be in pain like this 6 weeks post op. What is their diagnosis of your pain? Are you getting food packed in there? Is the "other tooth" unhealthy and in need of treatment? What are you rinsing your mouth with? Do you smoke?

Bryanna
Hi Bryanna,
Thanks for getting back to me appreciate it. I was told that I had an extra wisdom tooth, it has been removed 6 weeks ago. It was located just in front of another wisdom tooth that is still present which is the last tooth in my lower mouth, it's under my gum.
Surgeon didn't want to remove last wisdom tooth, saying it is sitting on nerve.
I don't smoke. I am minding the area so carefully. I use 1/2 teaspoon salt in a glass of lukewarm water 3 times a day. I find it pierces the area further. I'm so confused with the whole thing.
Oral surgeon told me last week that pain if it doesn't go is probably coming from last wisdom tooth. He things if I give my current situation time that the pain will go, he seems afraid to remove last wisdom tooth cause its on nerve, and in the mean time my own nerve is gone with the pain of the whole ordeal. Thanks for your help.
Brid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote