View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 11:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have the same issue with pressure i my head, basically from your post give it to me in a nut shell...what should I ask my neurologist?, as I have an appointment Dec. 20th.

ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by concussedGuy View Post
Thanks for the response mark.

I have had high blood pressure issues ever since going to the ER 4 months ago. I have had adrenal tests in the past and they came back normal. I was on diuretics which lowered for about week however the diuretic seemed to worsen my concussion symptoms. I have been testing at home with an arm BP testing kit for about 2 months as I suspected I had high blood pressure and was correct. My bp has been less severe then it was before the diuretic, but after coming off it, it is now in the 140-150 systolic range and usually around 80 for diastolic. I am reporting the results to my physician and he will soon make a decision about putting my back on another BP med.

I know that the systolic number can correlate with raised intracranial pressure when high, another reason I have the suspicion. Also I know what a high blood pressure headache feels like as I had high bp for a short amount of time 2 years ago. This pressure feels a lot different that I am experiencing with the concussion. It's also not just localized to the back of my head like a high bp headache.

What is the neural inflammation test? Also raised intracranial pressure could be from increased CSF, would that neural inflammation test indicate that? I know that CSF being raised doesn't necessarily have to do with brain inflammation and raised CSF can still be attributed I head injury in some cases even regardless of neural inflammation. I read 3% could develop Idiopathic intracranial hypertension after a head injury and being as it is idiopathic it does not mean that is caused by any other condition including brain inflammation, but there was still a relationship with head injuries and development of IIH.
ED is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote