Thread: My CT Results
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 01:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenjhee View Post
This is an excerpt from a CT scan I had a year-and-a-half ago. Anyone have a feel for how much it materially supports TBI? At least tell me what it means?

FINDINGS:
There are a few scattered small foci of nonspecific non-enhancing T2/flair signal abnormality in the white matter without co-localized regions of restricted diffusion which could reflect evidence of chronic small vessel ischemic disease in a patient of this age (53 at the time).

My Dr. told me that most radiologists ignore white matter anomalies.

The reasons she told me this is because I brought the information about the DTI (Diffusion Tensor Imaging) research that's currently being conducted in regards to PCS and Concussions. The DTI's have proven that white matter has a lot to do with someone's functioning and can show more than a regular MRI or CT scan.

You might want to seek out and contact a research group in your area who is using this kind of technology. You might learn from them what those details mean on that report! And you might get inducted into a study so you can learn more and so researchers can learn more too!
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kenjhee (12-14-2013)