View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 03:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by husky601 View Post
Thanks for the infos Chroma.`

I agree with all your comments. Take a look on your inbox, i will send you something about him. I am doing a kind of physio which it call RPG. She mostly work on my body posture and more important my breathing exercises. She think it's not time to do any stretching for now because i am not ready to do it. She want me to get a perfect posture from my feet to my head, pull down my ribs then eventually im gonna be ready to do stretching but slowly and very gentle stretching. I tried pretty much any kind of therapy and its always the same, making my situation worse. She is the only one to work on that way and she really care at me. For 90$ she spend 50 to 70 minutes with me. How much is chiro, P.T or anything like that in the States and how long are the sessions? Here Chiro are about 5 minutes, some chiro 10 minutes, P.T is may ba max 30 minutes and they think on totally different way.
Thanks for your response. I would definitely see an RPG person if they were in my area, but they are not. I have done the Egoscue protocol before which emphasizes posture and it was helpful. I also use the iPosture monitoring device and highly recommend it.

Posture improvements definitely help.

Regarding your questions: Here in the states, chiros and PTs vary immensely. One chiro charged $45 for 15 mins of adjustments with no soft tissue work. I didn't stay there very long. Another chiro charged $60 for 30 mins where the first 15-20 was all soft tissue work and the other 10-15 was adjustments. I saw him on a regular basis until I moved.

PTs are a bit more expensive than chiros here and usually require a referral from an MD. Both PTs I saw emphasized soft tissue work and had already been seen and recommended by people with TOS. Still, they didn't go all the way with fixing my scalenes which I think is hugely important and my largest remaining problem.
chroma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote