View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 06:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

For the record, I did not have idiopathic increased intracranial pressure. This happened to me after I was in a MVA. I did not suffer from headaches before the accident. After the accident, I had a constant headache that continued to get worse and worse over six months time. I became incapacitated from the headaches around weeks 6-8. The headaches completely went away after the LP. That was almost three years ago. Increase of ICP can be caused by a concussion, as mine was, but it is rare.

PLEASE DO NOT DIAGNOSE ME UNLESS YOU ARE ONE OF MY PHYSICIANS - thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by concussedGuy View Post
The condition I believe Esthers Doll had is Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension, I could be wrong and this condition can be benign or chronic. Idiopathic also means that it is not caused by another condition meaning that swelling of the brain is not causing an increase in intracranial pressure. There's just a build up of CSF. In your case it sounds like it was benign because it was relieved from the lumbar puncture and didn't come back it sounds like. I have no idea, sorry if I'm making wrong assumptions about your condition, I truly apologize if I did. It's rare for you to have Esthers dolls condition but possible.
You apologized for possibly making a wrong assumption in here twice but then at the end of this little paragraph affirmed it again and you went even further to call it "my" condition - when it is not.

I think I've been very clear in past posts and current ones that this happened to me due to a concussion I sustained in an MVA. I apologize if I wasn't clear about that.

I do not like to "own" a challenging medical condition. It's not "my" concussion, etc.. It is a concussion that I sustained.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote