View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 08:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Like Sally, I find that most of the significant people in my life have gone. I spent my husband's last Christmas in the hospital where he had gone, where he died 12 days later, on Epiphany.
I sometimes am invited to my son's house for Christmas dinner, usually at the last moment. Last Christmas they didn't invite me, but went to a friend's house for dinner without even telling me. This Christmas they may feel they need to invite me as I baby sit a lot for them. They exclude Christ from Christmas, so it is never exactly as I would like it to be.
I will probably go to church on Christmas eve or morning. It will be a new church as I had to leave the old one due to them poisoning the rugs with carpet cleaner, and refusing to use steam cleaning. The newer church will have a floor without a rug. I don't know anyone there except the Lord. It is the way life is for a person with Porphyria, always chemically sensitive. But at least I still can drive there, and for that I'm grateful.
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (12-12-2013), barb02 (12-13-2013), doydie (12-13-2013), ewizabeth (12-13-2013), SallyC (12-12-2013)