View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 11:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

First of all, I apologize for offending you. Looking back at what I said, I see clearly how it comes off as offensive, especially in the assumptions I made. For what it's worth, I'll explain my thought process, but clearly it was flawed and mislead. What I meant by condition was something you had to deal with medically and temporarily at the time. I'm sorry for saying you had a condition.

I was going off my understanding that intracranial pressure being raised is called intracranial hypertension (hypertension meaning high pressure) in any case and idiopathic if they find nothing like a tumor or infection causing the increase of CSF. The Internet uses it as a very loose name describing both a chronic condition or something benign that would be relieved and never come back after a lumbar puncture, but clearly my understanding is wrong. It was wrong to say you had it because your right I have no business in giving you a diagnosis. That was my thought process. I made too many careless assumptions and was careless in wording

I think another mistake I made was using Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension interchangeably with increased intracranial pressure, which is what you had, because the Internet uses it so loosely too. All that being said, it's not an excuse, I was wrong for labeling you. I had no right to do so. I am genuinely sorry and hope you forgive me.
concussedGuy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EsthersDoll (12-13-2013)