View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 02:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Numbness all the way down leg from standing

Hi folks. Yesterday evening I was at an event and was standing in one place for about an hour and a half. Pretty soon I was completely numb down the outside of both legs into the little toes.

A shift in position (bending my knee, for example) would pretty quickly resolve the numbness, but then it would come back once I was just standing again.

I'm sure I have meralgia paresthetica (self-diagnosed, but it all fits exactly)--numbness on the outside of my thighs when standing or changing position, also when my purse hangs against my thigh while shopping.

But could meralgia paresthetica make you go numb all the way down to your little toes??

I know my back isn't great because I have scoliosis and apparently some degenerative changes (x-ray years ago), and doctors have been unable to get spinal fluid during attempted taps, even when done under x-ray, I guess because of my spine.

But I don't have any significant back pain or leg pain.

Does the numbness from hip to little toe, both legs, after standing awhile, sound familiar to anyone?? what could it be?

Thanks for any thoughts/advice/info.

Nancy
Nancy T is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote