View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 08:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default welcome mmgifts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmgifts View Post
Glad you are doing well. Not sure where to Post this but wanted to ask a question. I have RSD in the lower Back, entire right leg and left foot. After having monthly spinal blocks for over a year I had a St. Jude SCS put in last month. After two weeks started having many issues. Following test the doctor found that my Leads had moved and were causing me more issues. He stated my epidural space has to much room and sent me to a neurosurgeon to schedule the Leads to be removed and for Paddle Leads to be put in. I have multiple orthopedic surgical needs (right foot & knee and left knee) that all the doctors say cannot be repaired due to the RSD. I've been bound to a wheelchair for over a year and a half. I have high hopes of the Paddle Leads masking some of my pain. I do not like taking medications and requested my doctor to take me off of morphine, Methadone and dilaudid. I still have to take the Lyrica and fentanyl. Has anyone recently had Paddle Leads put in and how are you doing with them? Thanks.
Happy to have you here ...lots of info in the threads so read away until you get some feedback here.

What might help is if you start your own thread...I am fairly sure that is at the top left of this section.

I am so sorry for your chronic pain...I only know of RSD from reading here...it does sound so painful with little explanation. Goodness too...that is quite the combination of meds...keep me updated on your management of that---I am interested in cutting back on my meds too.

I have read much of the leads migrating...I have the Medtronic adaptive stim with a paddle at T7.

We have all been quiet lately...I am a bit concerned about that....I am sure advice will be on the way tho ...and great advice from caring people so hang with us for a bit.

At the top of the boards is a place for introduction....I would suggest doing that...I didn't and so regret not having a "snapshot" of my attitude at the time I joined....it also is a great place to let us know about you other than your pain.

all my best
Johanna
Hannabananna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (12-15-2013), Rrae (12-14-2013)