Thread: worried mum
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 11:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I saw the heading of your post and it struck me immediately. I recall when I was dx'd with Lupus, how very worried my mother was and today, I'm a mom myself of two adult "children."

Today, I actually have multiple autoimmune conditions and these symptoms don't really match up with anything I have. But you are correct, sometimes these odd symtoms can in the end, indicate an autoimmune problem. Does anyone in your family suffer with them?

We have an extended family member with ulcerative colitis and when it was at its peak, she was very limited in what she could eat and did seem to gravitate toward soup.

I have discovered all sorts of things by getting my vitamin levels checked and optimizing them...especially those that are clearly "off" has helped me overall and in major ways....so I hope your son would consider this type of testing with his GP or an integrative doctor.

Also, often when you have odd symptoms you have to be your own advocate and this likely means going to more than one doc, more than one specialty. I hope he will be open to this if needed...but if the discomfort continues, spchances are he surely will. If he has a very close friend or a girlfriend, you might have them advocate for this with you.

Wishing you and your son well.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote