View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 11:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

When I was younger, and my Lupus was being nightmarish, I would take a low dosage of prednisone and a secondary anti-inflammatory (don't recall the name) and take lots of warm baths and extra rest. My diet would need to be extremely pure as well...no sugar, in particular. Sending healing thoughts...sounds VERY difficult.

Sadly, I had to learn how to take shortcuts. If I was making a meal, Like Thansgiving for example and I was sickly, I would order a turkey from a restaurant, ask a good friend to bring one or two sides, I would make one side and dessert with the help of my husband. So not like my usual self...but I had to compromise or it would be pure hell and a half the next day....and I mean it!

Oh...and sometimes I just had to cancel all activities and it was difficult and embarrassing. This happened to me just the other day. My SS isn't usually too bad, but it was acting up a bit and then I caught a cold that was nightmarish. I planned a party and had to cancel. Was in bed for days....very difficult.

It is the nature of the beast.

Prednisone is a wonder drug...but needs to be used with caution. Small dosages and limited periods of time as it can lead to osteoporosis and other problems down the road.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
abbyrition (12-26-2013)