View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 12:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi concussedGuy,

Of course I forgive you.

But I felt I had to be very clear about what happened to me and to warn you about labeling what specific people are going through.

It's perfectly fine to speculate about your own condition, or what may be the cause of some anonymous person's symptoms or make a suggestion or speculate about the general cause of PCS, but I really didn't like it when you made an attempt to speculate about what has been going on with ME. Especially since I have exceptional physicians who have been working with me for over three years to get me back to a place of normalcy.

Thank you for your apology. I trust you will be more cautious in the future.

And I do agree that an increase of intracranial pressure, even a temporary one, could cause a lot of PCS symptoms and not be properly caught or diagnosed in many peoples' cases. But I am a layman.

There is a lot of information about a lot of medical terminology and different conditions and you may find that "the internet" uses terms interchangeably, but actual Physicians and researchers do not. They are actually quite specific. Every term has a very specific meaning - Medicine is considered a science and many Dr.'s have a scientist's brain or thinking pattern. Most of the Dr.'s I have met in the last three years (over 30 of them) do not like to speculate and they also do not like to use or try experimental treatments on their patients. They are very interested in facts and evidence and not very interested in speculation. (In my opinion, the best doctors are the ones who trust their patient's experiences and opinions about their own symptoms.)

I've done quite a bit of research about this stuff and I'm glad you are making a very serious effort to learn about it too. I've seen all those links that you posted a couple of years ago - there is a lot more out there for you to find too. It's truly fascinating stuff.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote