View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 01:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop42 View Post
I've been thinking about trying to find someone to help me with my posture as well. I'm making pretty good progress on my own but it would be nice to have someone evaluate me and tell me what to work on. Problem is, I don't know who to go to. I've done some googling, but can't really find anyone close by that sounds good.
Hi Coop, check out The Gokhale method. Esther Gokhale has a website and she does free seminars in all areas of the country and also on the website. I did one online with her and one in person with an assistant. i like it-pretty simple stuff. I bought her book on Amazon too. She works with Silicon valley people who sit at their computers all day. She also has intensive workshops that are expensive and there is a video too. so far i just practice the shoulder and the sitting posture. She has a pillow that she sells that I have tried and I think I may buy it. you put it on the back of your chair and roll your shoulders back onto it. I think posture is key for me. Also strenghtening without flaring.

I want to try to go back to work next year, but my work is at a drafting table and nobody teaches you how to do that, so I would like to hire a private evaluator too. I have talked to a pt that would be willing to do it. She is a CMFT and studied with Dr. Ando at the same place. She is closer to me too. I am planning to try her next year. Take Care, JKL
jkl626 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Coop42 (12-13-2013)