Thread: Cats and water:
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 03:37 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

In the house where I used to live I had an outside table where I usually put a folded up towel or blanket so that my cat had some safety from the cat next door who used to come over and terrorise her. Anyway one day I had washed the blanket and replaced it with a soft cushion. I had a very old silk patchwork type cushion cover which still looked pretty fancy although it was too old to use anymore on the couch inside.

So one day I had visitors and they arrived to find my cat on the garden table all curled up on this really beautiful lush silk cushion and next to her was a glass of water. She just looked at me strangely and said "is that the cat's cushion and is that the cat's glass of water?".

I said "yes", and she laughed and obviously thought I was a little strange. To this day my cat still drinks water from her glass although I've replaced it with a plastic one for safety reasons.

If there's a storm, my cat will want to run out in the rain. My old neighbour's cat wasn't as tough as he seemed and used to cower and hide when it rained.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (12-14-2013)