View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 04:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-Di View Post
Murgir,
Glad you posted this! Yep, I'm going through the same "catch 22". I've been wanting to post a similar question myself.
I'm a little farther along so I'll share the highlights & if you want details I can share.
Ortho Dr. said if I had plate & screws w/wrist surgery I would recover faster & be back to work probably within 3 wks. ()
Waited 5 days for surgery, after that then welcome CRPS!! Of course that DX didn't come until agonizing weeks later.
By then used up all sick time, went on FMLA, then short term disability (STD).....
So many treatments, P.T. drugs & Dr. appts. (full time job itself).
I LOVE(D) my job and all the people there +perks! GRIEVED & STILL GRIEVING about that!
fast forward 6mo...slow minor improvements made but not enough to keep up with my work. Dr. appts. slowed to "part time".
So now, transitioned to Long Term Disability. Still thru work.
But to qualify they REQUIRE you to apply for SSDI.
So, I had to do that...........so many hoops to jump & paperwork!!
Waited 4 mo. & was denied (not unusual i guess).
So, now I've had to go to an atty. to appeal and will have to wait until Feb.?
So, with that long story I'm in the same boat. Some days, some moments I SO MUCH WANT TO GO BACK TO WORK! But if I do, I've used EVERYTHING up.
My hand still won't let me keep up the pace it's now disfigured and then there's still Dr. treatment days with no sick time left. Can you say "FIRED"?
Anyway long enough, it takes me forever to post on here.
Hope this helps.
How long after RSD did your hand disfigure? I know it happens at different rates. Does it hurt more when it does disfigure? Can it become normal again with therapy? I do need an outlet because the days fly by and I seem to get less done a home than I did when I was working. I am depressed and can't take antidepressants due to a prior reverse reaction to the mildest one. I get excited when my hand looks better, which you know is very short lived. Doing just my reassessment at therapy today has made my arm hurt more than ever. Dang thought/hoped it was getting better. I loved my job and perks too. I loved the people. I work in a hospital and my job requires a lot of right hand movement. Actually constant. Guess what I am right handed and that is the one affected. I don't do well with pain at all and never understand how someone with migraines could work. At least meds can stop that type of pain.
murgir is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote