View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 07:39 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Wow Mari, that has to be rough, I know my significant other doesn't get the bipolar stuff either nor does he appreciate that I suffer anxiety and take a benzo for it. I take melatonin and it helps me to sleep so I am lucky I don't have insomnia. He sorta does though and I just offer melatonin to him which he said doesn't help so he just stops his caffiene intake around 6 pm and drinks diet soda with cranberry (no caffiene in the lemon lime diet soda we drink) and stays up all night pretty much. He like goes to bed at like 2-4 am.

What gets me though is he knows a certain kitchen tool triggers me badly and he makes sure he uses one to trigger my anxiety and then he laughs because he thinks its funny to see me squirming uncomfortably. He's the same way about the chronic pain I suffer, he doesn't believe it or the BP II dx. Even though I had an MRI which found that I have a partially herniated disk at C4-5 (can't remember which) and the doctor understands and helps me my hubby doesn't get it.

I hope that your hubby understands that you're not going to go to one of those workshops. I know I would never get my DH to even go to one so it's not going to happen to me, but I can definitely appreciate how it's happened to you. I hope your hubby will not nag you about the next workshop, does his psychologist friend speak at these things? Or does a stranger speak about things at them? I think my hubby will listen to a stranger and believe them over me and that is just how he is. Is your hubby like that too Mari? Is it easier for him to 'learn' from strangers with credidentials then it is for him to believe you about something you know is true? Best wishes to you for getting some good sleep soon Mari.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brokenfriend (12-22-2012), Dmom3005 (02-16-2011), Mari (02-16-2011), OhKay (02-20-2011)