View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 07:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the response, mouse1.

My old neurologist who was a real ***hole didn't listen to any of my symptoms called it a headache and prescribed me an anti seizure drug that gave me terrible side effects and never even responded to when I called the office to tell him about the side effects. I told him pain wasn't the main issue just the awful uncomfortable feeling if pressure but he said the anti seizure drug would help with the pain, BUT AGAIN PAIN WASNT THE ISSUE.

It makes no sense to me how it could be muscular tension. First of all for me at least, I wouldn't really even classify it as a headache! It's more of a really uncomfortable feeling that at its worst turns into a migraine occasionally. The feeling doesn't radiate from any muscles on my head/face/neck. It feels as if pressure is being pushed not my skull from the inside out, like my brain is too big for my skull. Crushing, as you said, was the right adjective.

All my other symptoms worsen as you said, when this feeling gets worse, like tinnitus, but also visual problems, and brain fog and plenty more. Muscular just doesn't make sense and it feels like actual pressure, which is why I believe it is intracranial pressure, plus a multitude of other reasons. Now I don't know how believing that intracranial pressure is the cause will help my pcs, because there seems not to be any knowledge in the medical field about this crushing feeling, nor do I think a neurologist would take me seriously.

I think you're right that time will improve it and am sorry to hear you relapsed. Just don't push yourself too hard is my advice and eat healthy.

Also I was wondering if you or anyone else has a sensitivity issue as well. Those are two of my biggest issues, the pressure feeling/head sensitivity. The littlest bumps to my head seem like mini concussions, as they disorient me and worsen my symptoms for a couple of days. Maybe this is related to the pressure issue? I don't know but I'm curious if there's a correlation.
concussedGuy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote