View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 08:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Great to hear of such great news of your progress Icehouse!! and everyone else on this thread!

I'm approaching my 1 year of sobriety (343 days at the moment) and it's been quite a journey already, but it's been so worth it.

I'm under 30, suffering from PN and at times can't believe I'm on a thread like this talking about alcohol abuse, since I'm still so young, but here I am! The consequences of losing control and letting the party get the best of me and my body.

For those whom might be reading on and not on the forum, here's a little bit of the symptoms I was experiencing:

I had lack of sleep, lack of coordination, vertigo, headaches, terrible acne, restlessness, lack of concentration, stomach problems, loss of sensation (leading to me not even able to pick up a quarter), tremors, twitching, irregular sweating, heart palpitations, cold hands and feet, and a whole bunch of other wacky conditions.

I want to say with the helpful advice and members of this forum, that I've conquered most of those conditions and the only issues I have left lingering is irregular sweat, and numbness and cold hands and feet linger on.

I have used all of the supplements that has been mentioned, but not Alpha Lipoic Acid nor CoQ10 which I'll start to take to help my PN in the future.

This is a daily struggle for me and will be going forward. The hardest part is going to bar/clubs with friends and not drinking along with them, but it's gotten easier accepting it. I don't need alcohol to have a good time, but that doens't mean I don't think about it and at times miss it.

That being said, I wake up everyday with the lingering conditions reminding me I'm stronger for it being out of my life. Since then I've only see positive things happen in my life and I can really start enjoying life again without alcohol and accomplishing things I've yet to accomplish.

With the New Year approaching, I know I will only become stronger and wiser from all of this and finally start to set even bigger goals in life than just conquering alcohol abuse.

Thank you guys for all the knowledge you've shared and I wish the absolute best for all of you in the New Year that's on the horizon!!
"Thanks for this!" says:
beatle (12-17-2013), Icehouse (12-15-2013), Wide-O (12-15-2013)