View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 10:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54and70more View Post
Probably about a year ago I began having the same symptoms, extreme sensitivity at the tip of my penis.
I liken it to how it would feel if you put your tongue on a frozen pump handle and pulled it off, and it tore the skin off. That's how sensitive it is, even though there's absolutely nothing visibly wrong with it.
It's absolutely maddening, and I've tried all kinds of ways to keep it from touching anything. I feel nothing unless it's rubbing on something, which is pretty much every time I walk.
I went to my regular doc and got tested for STD's, and it was negative. Went to a Urologist who found nothing conclusive but suggested prostate problems could cause pain in that area.
I am 54 and have had herpes I and II for a long time. I also had shingles about 10 years ago.
Remarkably, it kind of went away on its own after about 6 months, which was a HUGE relief -- but to my dismay it showed up again. This is beginning to look like it's going to be for the rest of my life -- especially after reading some of the posts here.
I am going to go on an aggressive course of Valtrex and see if that makes a difference. I will be back to tell you if that helped, or if it didn't.

The aggressive course of Valtrex (generic name valocyclovir) didn't seem to have any effect on it at all.
54and70more is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote