View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 09:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

when i first got rsd, i printed out info on rsd and took some each appointment i had with my pcp. since i use him for my meds, i wanted him to see where i was getting my information from. we have learned it together and this has worked for me. i do not have a pain doctor because my insurance at the time would not allow me to go to the pain clinic and now after all these years my pcp and i are handling things fine. it is a relationship that has to grow as you go.
may i add from a nurse's point of view that many doctors do NOT like to have a patient with something they do not know about, and they do NOT like a partient with insurance or social security problem ... they do not like paperwork like that, and to have 'prove' you have some rare disorder.
also if you have a pain doctor then your pcp would be just for the general health stuff and you would just have to figure if any problemd you get are rsd related and then bring in info about that for him .. for instance i got the high blood pressure and the heart arrythmias and we assumed it is rsd related but we monitor and treat it as anyone would treat such things.
so good luck in your search. joan