View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 01:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I have a VP Shunt as well

I've had a VP shunt my whole life here's my story: I've had it operated on twice... I'm 28... I was born 3 months early and had the shunt put in at birth... I had my first revision when I was in grade 7- my symptoms before the doctor thought it could even be my shunt were flu like symptoms until it got to the point I couldn't stand.Because we thought it was the flu (there were some days were I'd be feeling great and able to go to school no problem) and then others were I was in bed for a week. I think all they did was replace the valve part... then in I believe grade 9-I had a whole new shunt put in... and I thank my mom for noticing the blockage (she was washing my hair after dying it) and asked if I was feeling okay... and I said yes because it hadn't gotten to the point where I was sick.

I haven't had any other problems since just the occasional headache where it hurts up by the valve... but it goes away on its own... is this normal? (no dizziness or any of the other symptoms I had when I was sick the first time).
Jae556 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote