View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 02:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--for the ferritin, iron binding capacity and Vitamin D, it's not easy . . .

Fortunately, I am familiar with the general reference ranges for these tests, and can say that the ferritin result depends on gender; if you are male that results is fairly well within range, but it female it is a little high. Similarly, your iron levels are pretty mid range, but the total iron binding capacity is very near the upper end of "normal" range, and the transferrin saturation is near the lower end of normal, especially, again, if you are male. This implies there is sufficient iron available but it is not being absorbed as efficiently as it could be.

You vitamin D levels would be considered low, and, of course, the anti-transglutaminase igA antibody levels are consistent with celiac disease.

The TSH is pretty much normal, but it would be more interesting if you had other TSH levels from the past to compare it with, to see if it has been gradually rising/falling or been pretty consistent.

Thanks, I am actually at female. I have had issues for years with my iron being low. I have been taking iron vitamins well over a year. I am starting vitamin d3 per my doctor. Even though I have been gluten free for 3 months I still sluggish. And was wondering how long it will take before I start feeling better.
Heinzelman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote