Thread: Alchohol
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 07:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Alchohol

Hi all I look in to this site most days but don't post much I guess I'm just needing to vent some tonight. We are all in pain if were here to start with.I guess but how do we deal with it?. Me personally I have seen a pain psycologist twice physio once a week one stellate ganglion block (only a couple of Hours relief ) referred to a neuro surgeon refered to a pain manage programme.A ll very well and good but none of this makes me feel any better why do I feel I am on my own here ? My wife suffers fron fibromyalgia and spondylitis and I looked after her while being self employed working 60+hours a week.

I can no longer work due to this demon I have it in both hands and it's creeping up my left arm. I take Gabapentin ,Amitriptoline duluxotine.also ramipril and felodipine for blood pressure. I have always drank socially but now find myself drinking more and more to numb the pain in my hands.It works to an extent if I have enough but in the morning I'm worse so I've started to drink in the morning to get the same effect as the night time. I thought I had been hiding this well but obviously not.Sorry for any spelling mistakes as I'm typing with my thumbs in a not too sober state.

What I need to know is how do other people cope with the pain of this? I realy need to get back to work for my own sanity.

Sorry for the rant but I really need help to deal with this

LOVE G
moosey2me (12-16-2013)