Thread: Alchohol
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 08:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie View Post
Hi all I look in to this site most days but don't post much I guess I'm just needing to vent some tonight. We are all in pain if were here to start with.I guess but how do we deal with it?. Me personally I have seen a pain psycologist twice physio once a week one stellate ganglion block (only a couple of Hours relief ) referred to a neuro surgeon refered to a pain manage programme.A ll very well and good but none of this makes me feel any better why do I feel I am on my own here ? My wife suffers fron fibromyalgia and spondylitis and I looked after her while being self employed working 60+hours a week.

I can no longer work due to this demon I have it in both hands and it's creeping up my left arm. I take Gabapentin ,Amitriptoline duluxotine.also ramipril and felodipine for blood pressure. I have always drank socially but now find myself drinking more and more to numb the pain in my hands.It works to an extent if I have enough but in the morning I'm worse so I've started to drink in the morning to get the same effect as the night time. I thought I had been hiding this well but obviously not.Sorry for any spelling mistakes as I'm typing with my thumbs in a not too sober state.

What I need to know is how do other people cope with the pain of this? I realy need to get back to work for my own sanity.

Sorry for the rant but I really need help to deal with this

LOVE G
BE CAREFUL GEORDIE! Mixing Alcohol and some of drugs we take is just begging for an overdose. I understand what you are saying, in that in my ten year span of CRPS, I’ve had a night or two when I’ve drank too much. I understand that when I’ve had a few, I don’t feel the pain as much. BUT for me it comes at the price of a hangover, which just throws my body and temperature regulator all out of whack, more pain, etc. For me, it’s just not worth it. For these reasons and the fact that I’m getting older and drinking recovery times are far longer, I pretty much stay away from the stuff. I do however have a glass of wine with dinner from time to time, which has little effect.

In no way do I want to sound like I am judging you, because I know what it is to so desperately want to be out of pain, even if it’s for only a minute, but I’m afraid that if you continue to drink heavily, you’re only going to end up with yet one more issue, condition, disease or perhaps death.

Keep searching for help Geordie. I know all too well how tough it is to find good medical care for those of us with this monster, but don’t give up, keep searching for help. I wish I had something more to offer, but perhaps you can find some solace in that you are not alone hon. Some days can be damn near impossible to handle, just don’t give up and please consider slowing down on the alcohol. I mean that in the most compassionate way.

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare. Japanese proverb,
Vrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Geordie (12-17-2013), moosey2me (12-16-2013), St George 2013 (12-16-2013)