View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 11:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

thanks for the reply enboc.
How do people with Sjoegren deel with this problem while on immunosupressive meds?

Yes, I have so many of the symptoms of Sjoegren, and I have had bloodtest for it a few times, actually, it was included in the long list of lab work I had drawn on Friday. One of my rheumotologist's attempt again. It has been negative so far, but I have heared that the blood test for Sjoegren is often unreliable, with 6 out of 10 being inacurate. I did have a lip bx done that was also negative

I was seen by one neurologist specializing in MS by the way,( because that is what the origional MRI of brain showed) This neurologist said that MSand Sjoegren has many similar symptoms, and as a matter of fact, he said, the brain lesions looks verry similar.

As you know, I have terrible mostly sensory neuropathy, small fiber neuropathy and autonomic neuropathy.

I had those strange episodes at night, waking up with something some doctors thought was simple partial seizures.
Well, I was hospitalized for 3 nights with videomonitored EEG, and was also on cardiac monitor.

but it so happened, I did not have any of those episodes then.
I will be having a sleep study again in January, just one night.

I have tapered back on the Amitriptyline at night, because I think that caused my respiratory tract to completely dry up, causing mucous plugges and possible apnea.
I has a PFT, and it showed some obstructive pulmonary impairment, (this is just the computer read out, I have not gotten the pulm, doctor's comment yet.
But I have had periodic tightness in chest now for 1 year, and actually sometimes it has caused me in distress, it feels like "airhunger" when those episodes comes on.
So, my rheumy is yet another time trying to test for sjoegren.
I will have to take care of the gum problems in between treatments.
Doc is switching me back to Methatrexate again, she tried Cellcept for a while, but that did not go well with my autonomic GI ( like gastrophoresis and Gerd)
Plus, MTX kept my jointpain away, and after 1 month off it and on Cellcept, jointpain came back.
Rheumy is also testing for: Angiotensin Converting Enzyme and a lot of others of the more repetitive stuff.
I think she is looking for possible sarcoidosis being related to the tightness in chest, I will go for a skin bx.
Sorry, I think I am off the subject now
Synnove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote