Thread: Alchohol
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 02:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Ditto to what the other posters said :)

You can rant with us anytime u like......I have small fiber neuropathy in my feet and less severe in my hands. I'm in pain 24/7...it ebbs and flows all day long (and at night when I can't sleep). I'm on 2700 mg a day of gabapentin and feel drunk from that most of the time That is some crazy medicine in high doses.

I, like u, went from dr to dr trying to do what they all said and being my own advocate because I could not find a dr that seemed to care enough, or maybe because they could not help me it was easier to send me on my way.

Of all the drs....my GYN (lol) was livid when she saw me last month and heard everything I was going through with dr's. She has now appointed herself person in charge of getting a team of dr's together to take care of me. That has taken a load off my shoulders I can tell u.

I can't judge u....my dad drank the pain of Vietnam away everyday until the last 10 years of his life. I just want u to know there is life without alcohol. U already know you are drinking too much. You said it all in your post. And honestly your wife doesn't deserve it.....my mom sure didn't.

You need to talk to someone. A third party is always helpful. They have no emotional stake and can give you other options besides drinking.

Please keep us posted...we care and want u to take care of yourself. Living with chronic pain is not for the faint of heart that's for sure.

Debi from Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Geordie (12-17-2013), moosey2me (12-16-2013)