View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 07:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

There really is no 'fix' for the dental/periodontal problems associated with Sjogren's. It's a matter of increased maintenance/hygiene care. I see my dentist 3-4 times a year vs the twice a year as most.

There are also OTC products like Biotene to help increase moisture in the mouth. In severe cases there is a RX medication called Evoxac that can be helpful.

You are correct; blood tests for Sjogren's antibodies are commonly negative even in those patients with the condition...about 40%.

I see you said your lip biopsy was negative also...did it show any signs of inflammation or presence of lymphocytes, etc? There is some question of the grading of lip biopsies by those without much experience.

I have never heard of brain lesions in Sjogren's, so not sure what he's referring to. MS has defined brain lesions used in diagnosis.

With your symptoms, I'm glad he's looking into and hopefully ruling out Sarcodosis. Sjogren's can cause interstitial lung disease, so a CT scan might be helpful as well.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Synnove (01-07-2014)