View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 08:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Return to overhead with exertion occupation?

Are TOS patients able to return to a physical job requiring frequent overhead with exertion functions? When I refrain from using my right arm for daily functions, my symptoms lessen. At that point, I feel lazy and ridiculous for not preparing meals for my family or working part-time job as an xray tech in a busy hospital. I sometimes doubt my symptoms. So, then, of course, I resume using my right arm for cooking, driving, cleaning or laundry. I might be able to get through a few hours of normal activity with just some minor shoulder tightness. By the afternoon, I have neck spasms, forearm pain, finger tingling and mid back and upper back spasm. The daily activities that bring on these symptoms require little exertion or overhead work as compared to the functions of my job. I am still waiting patiently for more approvals from the workers comp system. I have been out of work since late August 2013 and have yet to get a formal diagnosis.
Do you have constant severe pain, or mild almost unnoticeable pain until you raise and use your arms? Very unpracticle to not be able to use my arm elevated.
radtech is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote