View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 06:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile pdsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdsmith View Post
I have been just diagnosed with MG and my main symptom was a droopy eyelid. I haven't been back to the Dr. since being confirmed by blood tests but the Dr. has put me on 60 MG twice daily of Mestinon (Generic). Since I don't see the Dr for a little more than a week still I haven't got any answers as to how long it takes for the drug to kick in. I have seen a slight improvement and have had side effects include muscle twitching in my sleep which led to soreness throughout the body and also one bout of uncontrollable bowel movement. I would like to know about how long your experiences were to noticeable improvement. Since driving is a big part of my job, I have concerns that I can keep on doing it.
pdsmith,

I take mestinon 60 mil 4 times a day. I don't have the side effects any where near as bad as you. However, I also have a droopy eyelid problem, that is not completely solved with mestinon. It helps, but when my eyes are strained or bright sunlight, it will still act up.I use surgical clear tape at times to help hold up my eyelid.
Wish I could help more>
FREDH
FREDH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pdsmith (12-17-2013)