View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 11:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Wilson View Post
Hello: I am a newbie to NeuroTalk. I was diagnosed with RSD two weeks ago, I have been disabled since 2005 due to an auto accident. I have been battling fibromyalgia, perephial neuropathy, arthritist, migraine headaches, IBS, and several damaged disc in my spine since the accident. I really would appreciate making new friends who understand what I am going through. I have a awesome family, they do their best trying to understand what I am going through, but as you all know, unless you walk in our shoes it is impossible to really understand our struggles. Thanks for being here.
Hi Nancy,
Well you have plenty of friends here. You can say anything and we can relate. I wanted to mention something about your Fibro... I was wondering if your accident (if thats when you damaged your discs) coincided with your Fibro diagnosis. You don't have to answer but I'm asking because I had a torn disc in my back for 10 years but instead I was misdiagnosed with Fibromyalgia. It was a hellish 10 yrs. I had a minor surgery to fix it and the pain was gone for good! The tear was so tiny 12 previous docs didn't even see it on an exray. During those years I had pain in both arms, most of my back and both legs. I thought if the fibro dx & your disc injury happened at the same time that might be a possible answer. just throwing it out.

You have been through a lot with that list of conditions. That can't be easy. I have multiple conditions and having this place to vent is extremely helpful. Also to learn, I've been back on the site for a few weeks now and have learn several new things. you can ask just about anything and get some answers.

Take care of yourself!!
Heather
Spread in 2006 and Jan 2014
Both legs, arms.
Chronic pain going back to 1992

heatherg23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote