View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 12:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I agree with what the others have said. The Biotene toothpaste alone is VERY helpful!

A woman in her early 80s with Soj. Syndrome is sort of like a mentor for me. She had many years of difficult dental problems. This has recently improved. She told me the following: brush two to three times a day, floss nightly, use a waterpik several times a week...on top of the flossing, put a little non alcohol mouthwash with fluoride in the water when you use the water pik, don't do fluoride treatments at the dentist office as it can be drying and it is controversial ....too much fluoride might be harmful for the body. See the dentist for a cleaning 3x a year, and investigate carefully for the best ...whom she calls the "A+" dentist is in your area and don't settle for anything less.

I personally would add to buy sugar free lemon losenges and use one when your mouth is exceptionally dry. Try not to bite or Chew....just let them dissolve. It will bring on more saliva. Also, if very dry, chew a stick of sugarless or xylitol gum for about 15 minutes, then discard.

Keep good quality water with you at all times, sipping it frequently.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote