View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 08:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Maybe your doctor who is leading the charge for you could talk to your neuro about this form. Some doctors do require a FCE before they will complete any disability forms. My PM dr required me to get one before he would fill out the forms to go on disability thru work's STD/LTD insurance carrier. This FCE hurt my claim. It was four hours of hell and did not test one thing that was relevant to my job. It tested strengths and weaknesses...basically how much I could push, pull and lift. Climbing stairs (which was three steps), walking on a treadmill, reaching, etc. NONE of it had a thing to do with my job as a Finance & Human Resource Manager. Working on a computer all day, critical thinking, adding machines, writing, etc. The lowest level the PT could rate me was sedentary level...I was already in a sedentary level job!

I did finally win my case against the STD/LTD insurance carrier in the last two weeks...this is after fighting them for a year. I was approved for SSD within three months. I think what helped me was the letters from my doctors, especially my PCP's letters.

Good luck!!
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (12-18-2013)