View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 01:30 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstemmed View Post
[a vape pen] is what i use, and they are less damaging to your lungs and have NO smell...
Less damaging than WHAT? They're not the same as a plant material only vaporizer. A plant material only vaporizer heats dried marijuana and nothing else; vape pens/e-cigarettes, OTOH, require some kind of liquid in the cartridge. What is that liquid that people are breathing into their lungs, and what proof is there as to what damage that liquid may/may not be doing?

I'm sorry, but the statement that they have NO smell is blatently false. From the website itself:
Quote:
Directly after exhaling, the aromatic vapor can be smelled by someone sitting nearby
I also take exception to their claim that:
Quote:
Second-hand vapor certainly won’t make anyone choke, cough or experience any of the other common side effects of second-hand smoke.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/post1008165-30.html

When I wrote that, I was sitting at a table of 10 people at which one was "vaping" and made the same statement about lack of odor. Out of those 10 people, the only ones who said they didn't smell anything were the vap-er and one other person who was also a vaper; everyone else could definitely smell it—some as far as ten feet away.

If you can smell it, you're breathing in whatever is being put out by it, which includes any drug/medication and any other secondhand by-products, whose safety has not been determined.

Please note the weasel words that the marketers use: less does not mean none, cleaner does not mean clean, healthier does not mean healthy, and safer does not mean safe.

Electronic Cigarettes Harm The Lungs

E-cigarettes: Does smokeless mean harmless?

How Safe Are Electronic Cigarettes? Not Everyone Agrees

Which delivery method one chooses for medical marijuana is a personal choice, but lets not deceive/delude ourselves into believing marketing hype that these vape pens or e-cigs are "safe" (risk-free) and don't expose others to whatever chemicals are being inhaled.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (12-23-2013)