View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 02:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy1110 View Post
Hello i'm new to the group. Just had my hearing on 12/9/2013. My lawyer said everything went well and the VE said there were no jobs i could do. I feel really good about it. Been trying since march 2011. Any thoughts on how long it will take before i get a decision. Im from Maryland.
Hope you hear quickly. I am guessing the time frame varies from ALJ to ALJ and the volume of hearings for your ALJ and region. Your attorney should have some idea for you based on his/her past experiences with your particular ALJ. Some take forever and some are prompt. Personally, I think 60 days is a ballpark for most.

My attorney told me he is still waiting on the ALJ's decision for two cases he had before a particular ALJ for over 8 months while the exact same ALJ has rendered decisions in just 2 weeks for some of his other clients.

Sorry there is no good answer. Waiting is so difficult. Good luck to you. Your attorney is your best source for the time frame. And the VE's statement will go a long way toward the decision.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
missy1110 (12-21-2013)