View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 10:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie33 View Post
Hello everyone I haven't been on for a while, I hope you are doing better. Wish I could say I was improving, but im not.. been struggling with my symptoms and have been to depressed to even come on here.
As some of you may remember I was diag with SFN around 2 yrs ago. by skin biopsy..
My SFN is widespread meaning I feel it in my legs, feet, arms , hands, Torso and face and mouth. Ive had a million blood tests, MRIS of spine and brain, you name it. They are calling it Idiopathic for now. My symptoms are pins and needles,tingling, a buzzing/vibratory sensation that starts in my head (I feel it loud in my ears) it goes down thru my body and I feel burning patches on my skin as it travels down into my feet, leaving me with burning feet. Ive developed tinnitus , I never had it before! I'm almost embarrassed to write this because I know it sounds crazy. Its difficult for me to tell any of my family members what I am going through because of the way it sounds. I appear normal and healthy to everybody, except for the suffering in my eyes. I take 325 mgs Lyrica, not helping much. My Neurologist thinks 325 mgs Lyrica is adequate. I also take 1.5 mgs Clonopin for anxiety, I take 10mgs amitryptiline at night , it helps me sleep sometimes.
Does anyone else have any of these kind of symptoms? In the last few months , my symptoms have changed and now I have this awful buzzing sensation throughout my body. Should I be more persistent for IVIG treatments. Does anyone think it could help with my kind of symptoms? My Neurologists say I am not a "candidate" for these treatments. I have been taking 1,000 mcg B12 and all the other B vitamins except for B6, for over a year now, don't know if they are helping. I am at my wits end. Dont know what to do or think anymore. This buzzing, tingling and burning for no apparent reason (Idiopathic) is driving me crazy and has made me very depressed. I would appreciate any advice, help or input. It feels like no one could ever understand what I am going through , I hope someone on here can. Thanks in advance
Marie
i have had the same symptoms as you have had. i have diabetic neuropathy. i started taking 1800mg (600mg x 3) of r-lipoic acid per day and it has helped me out at least 50% along with 8000mg (2600 x 3) of evening primrose oil and 1500mg (500mg x 3) of generic vitamin c all divided into 3 doses per day at the same time. give it at least 1-2 weeks to start working. its called the (diabetic neuropathy cocktail) Google it and research, It is working for me. buy it in bulk and save money, get well soon
skipper53bill is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote