View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 06:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown Nevro senza stim implant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrae View Post
Welcome to NT!

Glad you found us! Geeze I'm sorry you've had to go thru all of this.
It looks like PerthMum hasn't posted in awhile, but I hope she will see this and give you some feedback. One thing you can do is use the 'search' feature toward the top right side of the screen. Type in 'nevro senza' and it'll bring up posts from prior discussion on this.

Stick around and let us know how your implant goes tomorrow (when you feel up to it).

It's great to have you!

Rae
Hi folks, it's the day after and all did not go to plan. The procedure took well over 2 hours with them struggling to get the leads in. Finally they got one lead in and have put the battery in my right buttock. The rep and my Dr have both said my post procedure pain will be high as they were pulling and pushing on the tissue to get the lead into the epidural cavity. They are not wrong, it's painful!

Anyhow, it looks like now they will refer me to a neurosurgeon here in WA who, apparently is the only person in WA who will perform a laminectomy and then insert a surgical paddle. Of course if the one lead works it won't be necessary but I got the impression they didn't hold much hope. The rep, her manager and my Dr were all in theatre and none of them have had a case like mine before. Just my luck. So, I'm here in hospital now until Friday. Everyone has been great and my Dr and rep fantastic, great empathy and compassion.

I hope this post doesn't deter some people, if you are in constant pain and want your life back, you owe it to yourself to try whatever you can and have faith in your treating practitioners that they will do their very best. I will post again next week with an update on my progress.
PamelaJune is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (12-22-2013)