View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 12:57 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default I Just called the Infusion Company

Sorry, not the infusion company, the VISITING NURSE SERVICE, I always have to go through them.

I have a good raport with the woman who has been arranging Alan's infusion. I called her and she said "Melody, how are you, how did it go yesterday?"

So I told her EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED. I didn't offer any comments on my part. I just stated the facts. I said:

1. I took out the bag of gammimune out of the fridge one hour before and hung it up on the pole.

2. The nurse arrived, attempted to hook up the tubes to te bottom of the Bag of Gammimune and exclaimed "oh, we have a leak".

3. She tried to tape it where the leak was (only a few drops came out). The tape was not successful.

4. She went out to her car and got a bag of saline solution and took everything into my kitchen, and she took a big hypo syringe thing and (while wearing gloves all during this process), she transferred the stuff from the Gammimune bag to the Saline Bag.

I then said "I don't know anything about IVIG but I do know this is a blood product and I just wanted to tell you exactly what happened".

Her reponse: "We ordinarily don't approve of this thing being done this way, it sounds like she found a solution to the problem of the leak". But we don't encourage this action" I said "okay, what happens next"???

She said "if there was contamination (note that I never mentioned the word,she did") If there contamination in the product, you might see a reaction within 24 hours" I said "well this happened last night ". She said "what time did the nurse leave"? and I said 8:45 p.m."

She said "I am giving you my cell phone number. Call me at 9:30 p.m. this evening and tell me how he is doing." I said: "I'm not trying to cause any problems, I just wanted to tell you what happened" and she said "you did the right thing, just don't tell anyone else".

I think she is just trying to wait and see if Alan has any reaction to what happened.

He just came home and he has a headache. He says "I feel like I did when I came out of detox, all aches and pains". He is going to take a nap.

Now this was the first time he got a 3 hour infusion. Ordinarily it's always 4 to 4 and a half hours. (And believe me from now on if anybody tells me "oh, it's okay to give him 3, I'll be on the phone to the visiting nurse service so fast it will make your head spin!!!!!

So I have no idea if this is why he has a headache. I don't want my mind to play tricks on me.

I'm not leaving him alone the whole day.

Tomorrow we have to go to Court.

Oh vey!!!!!

Everybody cross their fingers and toes that there was no contaminents.

Oh, by the way, Alan gave the note (describing everything that happened) to Frank and after he read it he said "Alan, I don't know what to tell you" and Alan said "just show this to Dr. Fred when he comes in this afternoon"

So I believe I covered all my bases.

If you think I should do anything else, please let me know. For now, it's a waiting game.

After his blood test,he went to NYC to pick up his check from the security firm. So I guess so far so good.

So guys, you are all updated and know everything I know.

Will let you know how it goes later on.

bye for now.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote