Thread: Tremors???
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 10:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanc View Post
Hello All! Hope you guys are having a lower pain day. I know many of you on here have experienced tremors. Before this evening, I only had them once in my left arm/hand and it was brief. Well, tonight my husband's carpool buddy came home with him to meet me. She is a very sweet girl around 24 years old. She brought me a nice Christmas gift too Anyway, the three of us are sitting here talking and my left arm started trembling and my husband saw it, he had this look of horror on his face. I tried to hold it still with my right hand and that arm started shaking...I have not experienced this before and it scared me (and him).

I have also been having more trouble with my right eye. When the right side of my face flares, of course my eye swells and gets kinda goopy. Well, here lately I have moments where I can't open it. This happens mostly in the morning, my left eye will be open but my right eye is closed and takes a while before it will open on its own. It is very odd.

I do not like this new crap going on...tremors, choking, coughing, my eye....ugh Enough already!!!
Hey Nanc,

I am so sorry to hear you are now experiencing this on top of everything else!! It is painful and frightening for sure!

The small muscle spasms/tremors had been happening to me since the onset of CRPS II/Causalgia in my right hip/thigh, in fact it was the visible spams in my thigh that originally helped in getting a quick and accurate diagnosis. Initially they were only somewhat painful and what I would call small spasms confined to the originating CRPS site. Recently (past couple of months) where as the condition has been spreading rapidly the spasms are now affecting both legs, arms and even my diaphragm and they are now more intense and cause the uncontrollable jerking. The first time the jerking happened was while I was driving to a doctor appointment, which was most frightening because the pain and jerking took my foot of the pedal and distracted me from driving. As you know all to well..the reality hit that I might not be able to drive much longer. That was a terribly low point for me!

After talking with my NS and Pain Management doctor they are part of this disease process and are referred to as "myoclonic jerks". Muscle relaxers, activity even just isometric movement, epsom salt baths, massage are the recommendations in preventing/coping with these types of tremors. Sure wish there was more I could offer you in terms of how to handle these.. I'm just as much at a loss as you at the moment Are you also having very rapid spread right now? Like many others that have shared recently that they are having severe spread (been thinking about you too Vrae, Bram, AZ-Di, Renee and others) mine has progressed quite rapidly during the last couple of months

I do hope these and your other symptoms begin to subside some real soon!

Be good to yourself,
Tessa
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nanc (12-18-2013)