Thread: Tremors???
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 11:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookester View Post
Hey Nanc,

I am so sorry to hear you are now experiencing this on top of everything else!! It is painful and frightening for sure!

The small muscle spasms/tremors had been happening to me since the onset of CRPS II/Causalgia in my right hip/thigh, in fact it was the visible spams in my thigh that originally helped in getting a quick and accurate diagnosis. Initially they were only somewhat painful and what I would call small spasms confined to the originating CRPS site. Recently (past couple of months) where as the condition has been spreading rapidly the spasms are now affecting both legs, arms and even my diaphragm and they are now more intense and cause the uncontrollable jerking. The first time the jerking happened was while I was driving to a doctor appointment, which was most frightening because the pain and jerking took my foot of the pedal and distracted me from driving. As you know all to well..the reality hit that I might not be able to drive much longer. That was a terribly low point for me!

After talking with my NS and Pain Management doctor they are part of this disease process and are referred to as "myoclonic jerks". Muscle relaxers, activity even just isometric movement, epsom salt baths, massage are the recommendations in preventing/coping with these types of tremors. Sure wish there was more I could offer you in terms of how to handle these.. I'm just as much at a loss as you at the moment Are you also having very rapid spread right now? Like many others that have shared recently that they are having severe spread (been thinking about you too Vrae, Bram, AZ-Di, Renee and others) mine has progressed quite rapidly during the last couple of months

I do hope these and your other symptoms begin to subside some real soon!

Be good to yourself,
Tessa
Hey Tessa! Thanks for your reply and for the info! You are right, I know that feeling of losing the freedom to drive all to well. Not something I thought would happen at my age (just turned 47). It is saddening. My driver (husband ) is very gracious and doesn't complain one bit about driving me...thank goodness!

Mine began spreading a few years ago and has continued. I don't know if you would call it rapid spread here lately because it is most everywhere, not everywhere but close. But, I have been having these new symptoms pop up. After having this for almost 23 years it still changes and surprises me.

I really need to find a new PM dr, but will wait until after my SCS's are removed in a few weeks.

I am soooo sorry to hear what you are experiencing. I hope you can get some relief soon too!

Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
zookester (12-18-2013)