View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 12:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Medicated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilmar View Post
My goodness.
And you prefer this to being medicated!?
Hi Dilmar,

No, I prefer not having the disease. But, as I have described from the beginning of this journey, my hope is that maybe I stumbled onto something that could be helpful to my life as well as those around me(including those in this site seeking answers).

If you remember, I had Parkinsons for over 20 years with little difficulty excepting the last five years which has gotten progressively more difficult, causing me to consider DBS. But the fact that I have a two-year-old daughter and a desire to see her grow up makes me wary of things with a limited shelf life. The DBS is said to have a shelf life of 3 to 5 years and I want to save that until it is absolutely necessary.

So I stumbled on this wonderful freedom for the first couple of months after quitting Sinemet cold Turkey with minimal side effects. I thought someone from this site might grab the opportunity to walk with me through the process of discontinuing or cutting back certain meds tracking the results. But it appeared there were no interested parties. And so I just tracked as best I could, with the hope that it might help others. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to ascertain rapidly whether you had a good day and that was due to changing medication or less stress or better diet or supplements-you get the idea. And when these new symptoms came on, especially some of the more serious symptoms, I had to make the decision to throw away months of trial and error for the possibility of getting rid of one or some of those symptoms. But even if I was to go back on the Sinemet there was no guarantee a reversal of the symptoms that were evident in the first few months might come back and change with those of the last few months. Forgive me for rambling...

So I decided to ride it out and stay away from the Sinemet as long as possible. Here I am today!

Jim

P.S. Apologies to anyone who might think I'm talking down to them. That was not my intention.
I_Got_it_2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon72219 (12-18-2013), dilmar (12-18-2013), johnt (12-18-2013), natnat (09-01-2014), shcg (12-18-2013)