View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 07:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrae View Post
Wow, so just when I think I have a grasp on my symptoms, I do not.

[a little history to get to my point] RSD started in right lower limb after discectomy L5 S1 (2004), eventually it moved to the left limb, followed by moving into my arms, hands and everywhere else you can think of. I also have felt signs of internal involvement as the lightning strikes inside places in my torso randomly too. So I know it’s everywhere.

For many months now I have been dealing with tummy issues. I have felt like I have had an issue with my gallbladder. Even had an ultrasound of my intestines / gallbladder and they tell me the gallbladder and all looks fine. But I continue to have bad indigestion, and lots of burping (sexy huh?), etc. So I have been taking antacids as needed and trying to eat well.

Now to my point. The strangest thing happened the other night. My tummy was not right, and I had eaten some soup and crackers. I felt like my digestive system had stopped after I ate and all the food was just sitting at my throat. I laid down. My RSD started a rampage. I began tremors like I wasn’t even on meds. My clothes were uncomfortable, my everything was uncomfortable. I was exhausted. My ears ringing so loud and yet I was trying to just sleep, when then I’m like “oh crap, I’m going to puke”, and so I did. The minute I was finished with this gross and violent act, it was amazing, ALL my rsd symptoms calmed WAY down. It’s like the nervous system KNEW I needed to get rid of whatever was inside me, and the closer it got to doing just that, the more severe my RSD was. This doesn’t sound like much, but I assure you it was the WILDEST (and most painful) thing ever.

The next morning and throughout the day I had bouts of diarrhea, extreme fatigue, but no more vomiting (thank God). For a moment I thought, maybe it was food poisoning or some sort of virus, but now I’m back to indigestion issues, and I am convinced one has something to do with the other.

My rsd has been seriously progressing for months now. All the joints on my right side (shoulder, hip, knee, ankle) are (what I feel) being attacked by rsd. My pain levels are increasing and it’s trying to immobilize me, and some days it succeeds.

So I am thinking maybe the rsd is causing this indigestion problem? Is it causing problems with my digestive system that I just can’t see?

On another note, in recent weeks, I have had a spot… one spot, about the size of a hand, in the lower left side shoulder blade that is like a “spot” of rsd that tingles, and gets numb, and worsens with rsd flares.

I know, without a doubt that I have full body rsd with some internal involvement; with the worst of my symptoms from the waist down.

The only med I take daily, like clockwork, is gabapentin. I take other drugs PRN.

Thoughts? Suggestions?? Thanks in advance!
I hear ya..My stomach goes crazy too..There for awhile I was on meloxicam..It helped in the beginning,but then I got terrible pains from it in my stomach..Had to stop..Now I drink gingerale and eat hard candy mints..They help a lot..I feel so bad for you...Maybe its the gab...it might be turning the other way on your stomach..You should talk to your doctor..I will pray for you..
moosey2me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote