View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 09:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Healing Story

JBuckl,

It is almost scary how similar my situation was to yours. I am 18 and a senior in high school just like you. Football and sports was my life but were taken away from me just like they were for you.

I received 4 concussions from football, and the last one I believe I had a small one and continued to play with it for about a week, receiving sub-concussive blows which sent me on a 19 month journey of PCS. That was April or 2012.

6 months ago I shared the exact same head sensitivity you did. Someone could pat me on the back, hug me too hard, or I could barely hit my head on something and I would have concussion symptoms for 2-3 days. This was incredibly scary as I'm sure it is for you because once you get that sensitive it seems very hard to get back to your normal self.

5 months ago I saw a nuero chiropractor out of Dallas, Texas, who put me on an anti-inflammatory diet and prescribed several supplements to me. This diet, which basically consists of lean meats, fruits, and vegetables, has completely saved my life. 6 months ago I could hardly walk or ride in cars without feeling my brain shake, and now I am running and jumping with no problem.

Just like you I also have pretty severe stress and anxiety from trying to protect my head and what not. I've kept it to myself and haven't really done anything about it but it is getting much better as my head sensitivity goes away. By no means has it been an easy road to get to where I am today. I had to become obsessed with protecting my head and preventing further set backs, and I also became obsessed with following this diet ( The Leaky Gut Diet). So here is my advice to you:

Start the diet as soon as you can, get you parents involved buying the right food for you. Its gonna be hard, but it is completely worth the sacrifice to get your life back. Continue to be very cautious about protecting your head, it is essential that you let the diet do its work and not set your head back anymore. Lastly, have a positive attitude. Look at my story, know that this is only temporary and believe that you are going to get better. Find success in everyday and try to be as stress-free as possible, this helps with the healing process. Do this and in a matter of months you'll have your life back and be ready to head off to college next year.

Please let me know if you have any questions, I really want to help you out because the situation you are going through has had such a huge impact on my life and I want you to experience the same healing I have experienced.

Best of luck
Dan Higgs96 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote