View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 12:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Don't get stressed by the 'level' of the courses you are taking. I was in college in 1973 and the entry level college courses were equivalent to courses I took in junior high. I took a quarter of college level Earth Science as a freshman.
Mark,

You know I value your advice and your opinions; however, I have to say that what you're referring to here is very different from what the OP is probably talking about. When high school students today take "college level" courses while still in high school, they are referring to advanced courses that are designed to challenge them intensely, and these courses are typically in tough subjects to begin with. The "entry level" college courses you took in 1973 were undoubtedly far less strenuous than AP or IB courses that this person is taking. I know this with almost absolute certainty, as these are the kinds of classes I usually teach.

I agree that, generally, "college level" courses doesn't mean much... but when a high school student is taking them, unless it is a joint enrollment situation (which most are not), the classes being taken are probably more difficult than what most of us remember from our undergrad years.
Head injury on 10/26/13 due to a fall. Had extreme headaches, fatigue, and nausea over the next several days, but no insurance so I couldn't afford to get checked out. First official migraine occurred on 11/19/2013; no migraines before the injury occurred.
courtney.w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote