View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 09:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevn1115 View Post
Hi all, i have been dealing with nerve pain in my legs for the last few years due to prior nerve root compression. I'm currently on 3,600 mg of Neurontin, but it only takes the edge off, and there is still quite a bit of pain remaining. When the Neurontin doesn't do the job, I will take Nucynta ER, which seems to help more. I just don't want to take Nucynta on a daily basis if I don't have to.

Are there any medications out there for nerve pain (mine is of the burning variety) that might do a better job than Neurontin or Lyrica? I've heard of the newer Gabapentin encarbil (Horizant), but havent' taken it. Anyone have any experience with it?

I know there are also anti-depressants that can be used for nerve pain, but I haven't taken those either.

Thanks!!

Kevin
I'm interested in replies to this as well. I've been on neurontin and lyrica in the past. I wasn't on lyrica long enough to tell. Neurontin made me a bit loopy in high dosages. I may go back on neurontin soon.

I do take cymbalta. It is for depression and the nerve pain as well. I haven't noticed it help much with nerve pain but it's great for depression. (personally speaking)

clstewart81 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (12-22-2013)