View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 03:56 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

johnt-
I have nothing but respect for you and your efforts. "The only failure lies in not making the attempt."

As to why you can't get us to move even with a sharp stick, that can be blamed (rightly) on the nature of the disease itself. It creeps up silently when we are young and busy with our lives or, perhaps, a senior who just dismisses it as a part of growing old. Then, like a vampire, it begins to feed. What is left behind is an empty shell sitting in a puddle of apathy. Life tastes of cardboard.

By the time that we realize our danger we have no energy to fight. That is what makes me so impressed by Peg and the gang standing up to Congress and actually speaking truth to power.

I will continue to fight until my last breath. My life spins increasingly out of control and I find myself watching my poor, weary wife through eyes hooded by shadows and tears. And I have begun to realize that I am not going to win. But that is a far cry from losing.

"I will fight no more forever." as Chief Joseph said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnt View Post
Almost a year ago Dan Murphy started an excellent thread "Ibuprofen helps sleep"

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...ight=ibuprofen

A quick search of the forum shows many other postings over the years on ibuprofen.

Yet, almost a year after Dan's thread started, we're back to the same subject. It's like Ground Hog Day.

Rick, you're right to be frustrated at the lack of interest shown by "BIG MED" in the symptomatic use of ibuprofen. But, I think you should direct some of that frustration at me for not being able to organize the people in this forum to do a DIY trial.

It's not a lack of money that stops us, nor a lack of technology, nor a lack of knowledge.

What is it that stops us acting collectively to make our lives better?

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnt View Post
Almost a year ago Dan Murphy started an excellent thread "Ibuprofen helps sleep"

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...ight=ibuprofen

A quick search of the forum shows many other postings over the years on ibuprofen.

Yet, almost a year after Dan's thread started, we're back to the same subject. It's like Ground Hog Day.

Rick, you're right to be frustrated at the lack of interest shown by "BIG MED" in the symptomatic use of ibuprofen. But, I think you should direct some of that frustration at me for not being able to organize the people in this forum to do a DIY trial.

It's not a lack of money that stops us, nor a lack of technology, nor a lack of knowledge.

What is it that stops us acting collectively to make our lives better?

John
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
johnt (12-20-2013)