View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 07:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elap View Post
Hi radtech,

Same or similar issue with me as well. My shoulders drift up and forward unconsciously. Happens during the day and when I'm sleeping; I wake up with shoulders way up towards my ears. Dr. Donahue says my body is doing this to open the area of compression. Problem is that I engage upper trap and neck muscles, causing spasms in the neck and face. Also worsens the fairly constant headache I have. These symptoms make sense since it's like doing perpetual isometrics. When I try to adopt more "correct" posture with relaxed shoulders I get increased, severe arm and hand pain but the neck/face issues ease up. Totally frustrating.
On my bad side, I often find my shoulder raised up and tensed, while my other side is totally relaxed and normal height. I didn't know whether this was causing the pain problem or a consequence of it. I have asked many docs about it and none of them could provide any insight. Dr Donahue's response is very interesting and it also seems to make sense to explain my neck pain. Thanks very much for the post!
cyclist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote